Today the first podcast from Massive Online Gamer was released. And Turbine’s own Kate Paiz, Jen “Jalessa” Gordy, and Adam Mersky were the guests! Here’s the summary notes I have written on it…
- Fall Festival is coming: Haunted Burrow quest instance at the Party Tree; Skeleton horse mount; bear costume?
- LOTRO F2P launch was bigger than the original launch of LOTRO, broke all LOTRO records
- Large population boom, “have new servers in the wings if needed”.
- Radiance is going bye-bye!: originally designed as a content gate; finally realized that it wasn’t working the way they wanted it to; decision to scrap was “fairly unanimous”; will be gone by next raid cluster
- Next raid cluster: early 2011; Story — rangers are all in Enedwaith so familiar villains taking advantage of the protector-less Eriador; multi-boss raid
- Isengard next year: “Lots of wonderful stories to tell about Saruman”
- Updates: more closely following DDO’s update schedule (every 2-3 months); next update in a couple of months; still more focused on big expansions; want to make sure tenured players have lots to do
- The Mystical Horseshoe: by choosing the horseshoe you show that you “believe in it”; they all have it equipped on their characters; have to keep what it does a secret